|Project Title||Local Coffee House|
|Current Status||Concept / Business Plan|
|Funding Required||RM300,000 or less|
|Description||– Initial Idea: Our initial idea is to establish a coffee house from scratch under a honest amount of budget (below RM100,000).
– Short Term Goal: Our short term goal is to breakeven by half of the year (6 months running business) and aim to generate a profit of 1.5x of our initial cost by a full year time.
– Our strategy to help us achieve our goal is the idea of a small cosy coffee shop aiming to capitalize on customers who likes to sit and relax while having a nice cup of coffee to go along their work or just simply there to socialize while also grabbing quick bites from our wide array of light foods that we offer
– Marketing: We will utilize grassroots marketing strategy as we believe this is one of the strategy that will enable us to market our products from low to virtually no cost. We will be making full use of the social media platform to promote our brand.
– Target Market: We aim to serve customers who loves coffee from various age groups.
– Structure ,Location & Layout: We chose a strategic location that has high traffic due to surroundings (e.g institution, residential area, corporate building) that can be seen while driving along the main street. Layout wise, we opt for traditional wooden-esque throughout our café with warm white lighting. We have approximately 10 small wooden tables to fit around more or less 40 pax on full house. Structure: 800 sqf, single long bar with a small inventory room located at the back.
– Employment & staffing: Handpicked staff from owners based on stated criteria. Owners are full-time employees. Not more than 4 employees (included owners) at a time to avoid over staffing. Part timers will be employed and training will be provided.
– Policy: We have an open door policy towards our staff and customers alike. Customer’s satisfaction will be our utmost priority. Clean and friendly environment. We emphasize on having a great atmosphere for employees and customers alike.
– Long Term Goal: Able to expand our brand through different states in Malaysia (One in every state). Able to sustain income from main outlet/branch from RM 3~5 thousand of gross profit per month. Able to establish a stronghold in Malaysia while trying to expand our brand internationally.
|Business Opportunity||Market research
Trends in our market are:
• Coffee industry in our market especially in Malaysia are as evergreen as ever. We try to capture as much of the percentage on our target which includes students, corporate workers, and also residents.
Customer Profile (Target Market)
1. Corporate workers
Here we break down into three different groups according to our research:
• We know this because we lived around the area and were exposed to similar culture. Our research includes random surveys and also collecting personal feedback from the community as well as friends alike.
Group #Customers Price/visit
perpepay per unit
Competitor name Strengths Weaknesses
How can we improve on our offer and/or price(s) towards our competitors?
• We offer lower priced home brewed coffee.
|Revenue / Business Model||Promotion and advertising
• We will utilize the grassroots marketing strategy as our main strategy of marketing (e.g. social media platforms, through word of mouth to create sufficient hype. – post and pre-opening)
|Management Team||Key personnel
Details of owner(s):
Name: Jourdan Chan Weng Keen
Position/main responsibilities: Managing Director
Experience and knowledge of our industry: 2 years’ experience in F&B Management
Previous employment: Varies Coffee houses and F&B industry outlet
Other key personnel (including shareholders):
|Company Background||Company registered on 16/12/2015
Currently in the stage of looking for start-up investor
|Funding Milestone||Expected funding from investor : RM100,000 – RM150,000 as major start up injection
BUILDINGS/REAL ESTATE AMOUNT
CAPITAL EQUIPMENT LIST AMOUNT
LOCATION AND ADMIN EXPENSES AMOUNT
OPENING INVENTORY AMOUNT
ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL EXPENSES AMOUNT
OTHER EXPENSES AMOUNT
BANK LOANS AMOUNT
STARTUP EXPENSES TOTALS
|% Equity Allocation||40%|
|Risks and Mitigation||Managing market risks:
Our solution to combat these risks:
Strategy to minimize competitor’s impact:
1. Cut cost in any areas that deemed possible while maintaining quality.
|Exit Strategies||Within 2 years of operation, if fail to achieve at least break-even, we shall proceed with company valuation and exits|
|Company Name||J&J BROTHERS VENTURE|
|Business Address||no5, jalan pju 3/18h tropicana indah|
|Contact Person||Henry Chong Jun|